Aimed at scientists and engineers who want to get more research done in less time and with less pain, this hands-on workshop from Software Carpentry will cover basic concepts and tools, including program design in python, version control, data management, and task automation. Participants will be encouraged to help one another and to apply what they have learned to their own research problems. There will be a fee of $30 associated with this event.
What is IDI?
UCSD’s Integrated Digital Infrastructure (IDI) service streamlines the delivery of cutting-edge IT services to UCSD faculty, researchers, and students.
Working with all the IT providers on campus (ACMS, ACT, Calit2/QI, the Library, SDSC, and departments/divisions), IDI directs you to:
- High-speed network connections
- Push big data swiftly across campus, to SDSC facilities, and to the world
- High-performance computing
- Make your cluster dollars go further, or take advantage of as-needed cycles for smaller projects
- Colocation facilities
- Find a home for your equipment that’s greener, safer, and wastes less lab space
- Get more disk space, better backups, improved uptime/accessibility.
- Research Data Curation
- Manage, curate, and archive the results of your research work.
- Tools & training — check the Community tab
- Learn about electronic lab notebooks for the classroom & lab
- Find cutting-edge IT training opportunities at UCSD
- Engage in discussions with your peers
IDI is a Chancellor’s initiative led by Larry Smarr.