The IDI Call for Proposals for funding for 2015/16 Transformational Projects and Digital Research Platforms is now available! Proposals are due on June 15, 2015, so act fast.
What is IDI?
UCSD’s Integrated Digital Infrastructure (IDI) service streamlines the delivery of cutting-edge IT services to UCSD faculty, researchers, and students.
Working with all the IT providers on campus (ACMS, ACT, Calit2/QI, the Library, SDSC, and departments/divisions), IDI directs you to:
- High-speed network connections
- Push big data swiftly across campus, to SDSC facilities, and to the world
- High-performance computing
- Make your cluster dollars go further, or take advantage of as-needed cycles for smaller projects
- Colocation facilities
- Find a home for your equipment that’s greener, safer, and wastes less lab space
- Get more disk space, better backups, improved uptime/accessibility.
- Tools & training
- Learn about electronic lab notebooks for the classroom & lab, and find cutting-edge IT training opportunities at UCSD
- Research Data Curation
- Manage, curate, and archive the results of your research work
IDI is a Chancellor’s initiative led by Larry Smarr.