Academic Computing & Media Services’ Spring 2015 Instructional Technology Showcase features what’s new and available in instructional technology tools and resources at UC San Diego. THURSDAY, MARCH 26 9-12:30 -- details/register at link above!
What is IDI?
UCSD’s Integrated Digital Infrastructure (IDI) service streamlines the delivery of cutting-edge IT services to UCSD faculty, researchers, and students.
Working with all the IT providers on campus (ACMS, ACT, Calit2/QI, the Library, SDSC, and departments/divisions), IDI directs you to:
- High-speed network connections
- Push big data swiftly across campus, to SDSC facilities, and to the world
- High-performance computing
- Make your cluster dollars go further, or take advantage of as-needed cycles for smaller projects
- Colocation facilities
- Find a home for your equipment that’s greener, safer, and wastes less lab space
- Get more disk space, better backups, improved uptime/accessibility.
- Tools & training
- Learn about electronic lab notebooks for the classroom & lab, and find cutting-edge IT training opportunities at UCSD
- Research Data Curation
- Manage, curate, and archive the results of your research work
IDI is a Chancellor’s initiative led by Larry Smarr.